ROCKFORD – Nine people face criminal charges after an investigation at a local hotel.
Authorities say the Rockford Police Department received several complaints about drugs, prostitution and weapons offenses at the Rodeway Inn, 3909 11th St., and served a search warrant at the property July 9.
During the search, drugs, drug paraphernalia, including needles and equipment used to weigh and distribute drugs, were located. Contact was made with the occupants of the hotel, and patrons were arrested for various charges and outstanding warrants from multiple counties.
Building inspectors were able to look through the building and located violations which allowed the Rodeway Inn to be condemned and shut down.
Following are those arrested as part of the investigation:
- George S. Ives, 75, failure to appear for a burglary warrant;
- Jaru Ducksworth, 18, failure to appear for a warrant for probation violation;
- Reggie Jones, 42, warrant for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia;
- Robert Charping, 60, out-of-county warrants;
- Barnabas Israel, 42, traffic-related warrant;
- Hannah Moore, 33, Stephenson county warrant;
- Timothy Daniel, 33, possession of drug paraphernalia;
- Chelsea Bankord, 33, outstanding warrant; and
- Thedell Tomilinson, 37, possession of cocaine.